Do you have a wardrobe full of clothes but never seem to have anything to wear? All women should have certain essentials that will always make her shine. I believe you should be able to make an entrance without saying a word in what I call the “jaw dropping” entrance. Let’s bring sexy back for 2012! Whatever you wear, remember, the sexiest dress is one worn with confidence. Wear it and own it.
Below is just a few of the essentials I think every women should own. I know I do!
Of course, #1 would be a great LBD.
1. A Little Black Dress
Black, a true basic color, can be formal or informal, it puts focus on your face, gives a slimming look and conceals imperfections.
The Little Black Dress was first introduced by Coco Chanel in 1926. It is an evening or cocktail dress that has simple design and short cut.
The LBD is a must-have for every women. Choose one that flatters your figure, one that epitomizes elegance and simplicity. To change your look; wear them with killer heels or cute pumps, accessorize accordingly or just throw over a fancy stole or bolero to jazz up your LBD. You can go sexy or conservative. Whatever the occasion, you can’t go wrong.
2. At least one pair of great jeans (one that fits well and showcases your assets) or one in each style. Check out this jean guide…so many to choose from. http://www.hipgirlie.com/2008/03/29/hip-obsession-denim-jeans-style-guide/
I have about 65 pairs of jeans, some plain, some with color, most with some sort of embellishment, love those. They can be kinda pricey if you want the embellishment without the hefty price tag, go to Michaels, buy the patches and glue, sew or iron them on. If you do it right, no one will ever know the difference. People are always asking me where I got mine 🙂
(See my blog on 7 Tips for finding your best jeans)
3. A chic and darling handbag. Please don’t choose a bag based on what’s in, choose one that you can wear with most things and one that is stylish.
4. Two suits, preferably one in creme or white! and one in black! The white is for formal or evening affairs and the black one is for business or also evening wear.
5. A gorgeous, classic but comfortable pair of pumps.
Ladies, this is something you may want to splurge on, you want sexy but comfortable. Invest in quality and make sure you know a good cobbler as you will want to take your shoes at least once a year, depending on how often you wear them.
6. Scarves — build a scarf collection – it can add color and pizzazz to any outfit. (Different sizes and colors)
7. A pair of sunglasses, not too big nor too small. Tom Ford has awesome sunglasses (ebay has a great selection)
8. A daring blazer, one that fits and flatters.
9. An evening dress, whether long or short but make sure it sizzles.
10. A trench coat. Enter Burberry in the 1800’s, who created the trench for soldiers who made it to withstand the rigors of the weather. It’s classic, Bogart wore one in Casablanca. It has only gotten better over time.
Per Styletips 101 “Trench coats are very versatile because they add a lot to any outfit, and they keep you warm all at the same time”. Pair a trench coat with knee-high boots, and a mini skirt and you have got yourself a very sexy, yet still conservative enough, outfit!
Try different styled trench coats from military, to simple with just a tie around the waist. They can be very elegant as well as simple and feminine. Make sure you get one in white and one in black.